Association of American University in Bulgaria
Period of implementation:
November 2008 – November 2009
Glavbolgarstroy’s role in the project:
Nature of works:
• “Turnkey” structural, construction and installation works
• Vertical planning
• Electrical installations, high voltage and low voltage.
• Heating and air-conditioning systems.
• Implementation of a central building management system (BMS) for energy-safe management.
• Total built-up area: 4219 square meters.
• The proposed campus of the American University in the city of Blagoevgrad consists of three residential wings connected by a common communication core. The first stage of construction is the construction of Block A and the entire communication core.
• On the first floor of Block A, there are entrances, entrance hall, security / concierge room, main switchboard room, double rooms, suites and four rooms designed for disabled people. Second to sixth floors contain double and single rooms, a small computer cluster room, a room keeping the floor switchboards and a floor lobby.
• In total, Block A has 120 beds. The basement keeps common warehouses of the complex mechanical, electrical room, floor board room, water tanks and a sewage pumping station, laundry, drying room, structured cabling systems, boiler and changing rooms for staff.
• Executed are 400 square meters of internal glass walls and 630 square meters of curtain wall with aluminium sunscreen “retrosolar” slats, mounted in glass.
• For evacuation, the second staircase provides a direct way out. An automatic fire alarm system is completed.