Plovdiv Art Gallery
Period of implementation
Glavbolgarstroy’s role in the project
Nature of works
- Development of the investment project, construction and supervision
- “Turnkey” structural, architectural, construction and installation works
Functionally the building is divided into three parts: art gallery, commercial part and technical part.
The main reception area with the entrance to the exhibition halls is oriented to the south to a newly-formed square.
There is a spacious foyer and a vertical communication consisting of a staircase and an elevator.
The exhibition halls are located on the ground floor and are graded in height. Hall 1 is 7.05 meters high and Hall 2, located higher than the main hall, is 5.60 meters high. The halls are connected with a wide staircase.
The warehouses (picture depots) are located on two levels.
The commercial part is functionally separated from the main body of the exhibition hall. This area includes a reception, art shop and art cafe with a private entrance. On the second level there is a multifunctional hall, which by means of a movable glass wall can expand and become part of the exhibition areas. Next to the multifunctional hall there is an office for the employees in the building.
There is a separate entrance from the north side of the building through the courtyard, providing an easy access to the graphic base, the studio, the depot for paintings.
A highly efficient air-conditioning and ventilation system is especially designed for the project.
All the necessary premises are provided in the building to meet the needs of the Art Gallery in compliance with the functional, sanitary, hygienic requirements and with the fire safety norms.
Total built-up area: 1265,92 m²